Here's a brief checklist of writings related to what we now refer to as Black Lives Matter• 2012: Trymaine Lee produces dozens of articles about the killing of Trayvon Martin for HuffPost.
• 2012: Ta-Nehisi Coates produces extensive blog series for The Atlantic about Martin, Stand Your Ground Laws.
• 2012: Charles Blow publishes "The Curious Case of Trayvon Martin" for The New York Times.
• 2014: Trymaine Lee produces dozens of articles about the killing of Mike Brown for MSNBC.
• 2014: Coates publishes "The Case for Reparations" for The Atlantic.
• 2014: Claudia Rankine publishes Citizen: An American Lyric.
• 2015: Coates publishes Between the World and Me.
• 2016: Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor publishes From #BLACKLIVESMATTER to Black Liberation.
• 2016: Colson Whitehead publishes The Underground Railroad.
• 2016: Resisting Arrest: Poems to Stretch the Sky. Edited by Tony Medina
• 2017: Angie Thomas publishes The Hate U Give.
• 2017: Rachel Kaadzi Ghansah publishes "A Most American Terrorist: The Making of Dylann Roof" in GQ.
• 2018: Nafissa Thompson-Spires publishes Heads of the Colored People: Short Stories.
• 2019: Colson Whitehead publishes The Nickel Boys.
• 2019: Ibram X Kendi publishes How to Be an Antiracist.
• 2020: Elizabeth Alexander publishes "The Trayvon Generation" for The New Yorker.