African American Poetry: 250 Years of Struggle & Song (2020) edited by Kevin Young, is published in the Library of America (LOA) series. The series was founded in 1979 with the goal of keeping noted authors and works in print. The LOA series presents "authoritative editions" of more than 300 different volumes.
So far, the series includes nineteen books showcasing the works of African American writers.
• #34 W.E.B. Du Bois: Writings (1987) Edited by Nathan Huggins
• #55: Richard Wright: Early Works (1991) Edited by Arnold Rampersad
• #56: Richard Wright: Later Works (1991) Edited by Arnold Rampersad
• #68: Frederick Douglass: Autobiographies (1994) edited by Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
• #74: Zora Neale Hurston: Novels & Stories (1995) Edited by Cheryl A. Wall
• #75: Zora Neale Hurston: Folklore, Memoirs, & Other Writings (1995) Edited by Cheryl A. Wall
• #97: James Baldwin: Early Novels & Stories (1998) Edited by Toni Morrison
• #98: James Baldwin: Collected Essays (1998) Edited by Toni Morrison
• #114: Slave Narratives (2000) Edited by Henry Louis Gates, Jr. and William L. Andrews
• #131: Charles W. Chesnutt: Stories, Novels, and Essays (2002) Edited by Werner Sollors
• #145: James Weldon Johnson: Writings (2004) Edited by William L. Andrews
• #217: Harlem Renaissance: Five Novels of the 1920s (2011) Edited by Rafia Zafar
• #218: Harlem Renaissance: Four Novels of the 1930s (2011) Edited by Rafia Zafar
• #247: William Wells Brown: Clotel & Other Writings (2014) Edited by Ezra Greenspan
• #272: James Baldwin: Later Novels (2015) Edited by Darryl Pinckney
• #304: Albert Murray: Collected Novels & Poems Edited (2018) by Henry Louis Gates, Jr. and Paul Devlin
• #314: Ann Petry: The Street, The Narrows (2019) Edited by Farah Jasmine Griffin
• #333: African American Poetry: 250 Years of Struggle & Song (2020) Edited by Kevin Young
• #338: Octavia E. Butler: Kindred, Fledgling, Collected Stories (coming Jan. 2021) Edited by Nisi Shawl and Gerry Canavan
Post a Comment