Friday, March 30, 2018
A series on black book culture
In recognition of reaching the 20-year mark of deliberately building a personal library, I decided to produce a series of blog entries on black book culture.
I also was interested in writing about the subject in relation to a conversation about black culture with my students. Usually, people affirm the culture through music, food, fashion, and language practices. I decided to focus on our responses and rituals related to books.
• African American students and bookstores
• Black men, personal libraries, and Black Book Culture
• Black bookstores in NYC: toward a history
• Ben McFall -- Nearly 40 years at the Strand Bookstore
• Black book culture
• A Notebook on Book History
• A Notebook on bookstores and book collections
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment