Tuesday, October 28, 2014
An East St. Louis Sketchbook
This semester, I’ve been working with various people on projects related to East St. Louis. Some of the people are residents of the city; some are students at SIUE; some are from other places. Since so many pieces of the projects are in process and developing, I’ve been inclined to refer to what I’ve been gathering as an East St. Louis Sketchbook.
The sketchbook includes photographs, haiku, short writings, Post-Its, illustrations, notes, annotations, you name it.
Links to page sketchbook:
• Jetpacks & the Spivey (annotated version)
• Re-imagining the Spivey: sci-fi prompt
• Flow & Grit in East St. Louis
• East St. Louis Vision Boards activity
• Interpreting, Illustrating Jeffrey Skoblow's haiku
• Public Thinking Event: East St. Louis (Oct. 28)
• Mapping East St. Louis
• The Majestic in 17 Syllables
• Chess & GRIT
• Public Thinking Event: East St. Louis (Sept. 17)