On April 11, we hosted 18 high school students for our annual "Language Arts" conference. This year, students from Edwardsville High School and the SIUE/East St. Louis Charter High School participated. The conference included arts activities focusing on audio production, creative writing, and comic books. We also coordinated a book fair.
The conference provided us with a good opportunity to involve black boys in arts and humanities activities. The sessions were led by a small group of collegiate black men.
Notes on the conference:
• Playing bingo at the Language Arts Conference
• Digital Humanities at the Language Arts Conference
• Book Fair, featuring illustrated works
• College students take the lead at Language Arts conference
• Curating a Malcolm X digital collection
• A photo-review of the Language Arts Conference
• The Language Arts Conference, Fall 2017
• The Language Arts and Leadership Conference, Spring 2017
• The Language Arts and Leadership Conference, 2016
• The Language Arts and Leadership Conference, 2015