I began blogging Evie Shockley earlier this year. Really, my writings have been small notes based on my many considerations of her work. I came across her volume a half-red sea (2006), when it was released some years ago, and I kept my eye on her individuals poems published here and there.
Interestingly enough, I first learned of the release of the new black on facebook, where Evie made an announcement about the publication on her page. It was cool and new for me to see an author mention her book through that medium.
When I received the book, I was inspired to start blogging regularly about her work. So I've done that and hope to write more posts over the next couple of months about the new black.
• August 22: Evie Shockley's "improper(ty) behavior"
• July 1: Evie Shockley's "ode to my blackness"
• May 6: 10 Poems by Evie Shockley
• April 29: Evie Shockley and This Douglass Poetry Discourse
• Feb. 28: Evie Shockley Addresses Thomas Jefferson
• Feb. 16: The Visual Experience of Evie Shockley’s the new black
• Jan. 24: Books by K. Warren, E. Shockley, & K. Young
Evie Shockley Week
Post a Comment