Friday, February 21, 2020
A notebook on Bad Men: Creative Touchstones of Black Writers
My second book, Bad Men: Creative Touchstones of Black Writers, is published by the University of Virginia Press. It's been a long journey to this point, so I'm excited for the book to finally appear. In many respects, Bad Men is a book about creativity, specifically how large numbers of black writers are inspired by bad men and vulnerable black boys.
I'm producing a series of entries about the book and my thoughts on producing it here.
Contents of the book
• Preface -- Bad Men: Creative Touchstones of Black Writers
• Bad Men: Book summary
• Bad Men & Creativity
• Writing about a poetic trilogy of bad men
Writing the book
• Bad Men: Creative Touchstones of Black Writers
• From the Black Arts Enterprise to Bad Men
• Some guidance from Mark Anthony Neal's Illegible Black Masculinities
Presentation of the book
• Those Bad Men postcards
• The Mark Anthony Neal Blurb
• The Candice Jenkins Blurb
You can order Bad Men from the University of Virginia Press. Receive a 30% discount by using the promo code: 10BAD30.