Not sure when I first discovered jazz musician Vijay Iyer's work. Maybe a year ago. I was late to the party. Whatever the case, I've become one of the faithful now. He's a jazz pianist, and his work has given me much to think about and zone out on. Here are some of my writings on his work:
• December 1: Notations on the Vijay Iyer Trio's first set at Jazz at the Bistro (Nov. 30)
• October 17: Can Trane, Iyer, and Monk improve your test scores?
• August 29: Coltrane, Vijay Iyer & African American literature
• August 6: Vijay Iyer, Tribe Called Quest, and Ronnie Foster
• July 21: Listening to Amiri Baraka, Reading Vijay Iyer
• May 19: Vijay Iyer's Covers of Michael Jackson's "Human Nature"
• May 2: Vijay Iyer Signifyin, Pt. 1
An Extended Notebook on the works of writers & artists