Laura Vrana is assistant professor of English at the University of South Alabama. Her research and book in-progress center on contemporary black women’s poetics.
• July 18: Reading Alexis Pauline Gumbs and Evie Shockley during a global pandemic
• June 13: Poet-Politicians (well, political strategists): Brief musings on Camonghne Felix
• May 9: The changing same of the Pulitzer Prizes
• June 24: Furious Flower June 2019 Legacy Seminar: Nikki Giovanni
• June 7: Poetry collections giving voice to J. Marion Sims’s enslaved experimental subjects
• September 17: Reading the absence of references in Harmony Holiday's Hollywood Forever